Happy Mother's Day (belated)!


This is the cover illustration I made for the Neighbors section of The Miami Herald that published last Sunday, featuring our reader's submissions about the best/favorite advice they received from their mothers. My concept for the illustration was a graphic representation of the inside of a mother's day card, with something sweet written from a child about how great moms are, layering the cards on top of one another like in a scrapbook to show how most moms save each little note their children give them - I know my mom does. I thought it was cute, I was really impressed with how well the color printed. You never know how newsprint will pick up pastel colors, but I was lucky with this one!

Comments

Elias Gurrola said…
me and kiara really like his one.
Emma said…
this was one of my favs too <3

Popular Posts